Wednesday, January 2, 2013

late night thoughts...

Check out that curvy woman on the right.  :-)

I have worked as a singer/actor for the past 11 years. Currently, I'm rehearsing for a theatrical production that opens in two weeks. Besides entertaining, I am ALWAYS busy chasing after my family. We have three angels (one big boy and a boy/girl set of twins!).

As much as I love performing, I'm even more excited to see where writing will take me! As an entertainer, I am always taking direction, doing my best to make an entire company look good. When it comes to writing, I'M the boss! Everything that I do is based on my desires. It thrills me to think of this, but intimidates me at the same time.

So why is that such a scary thought? I can tell you why. For the first time, I will be seen for who I am, and not as a part of a unit. That means my success or failure will be solely based on what I deliver. I will be giving a part of myself away, and my thoughts will be put on display for everyone to see. That's huge!

Thanks to years of countless auditions, I know what is ahead of me. There will be plenty of times when I will hear "no". After submitting my work, I'll have those familiar questions racing through my mind. Will they like what I gave them? When will I hear from them? Will it be a yes or a no? Then there will be the days where I have to recover from rejection. Gosh. The very thought of starting on this unfamiliar path makes me cringe, but I have to pursue it. The challenge is what keeps me motivated.

So here's to chasing dreams!!! I hope all of you are doing the same.

















2 comments:

  1. Great article, great blog. Never fear. A woman who can sing - really sing - can do anything!

    ReplyDelete