Thursday, January 17, 2013

Focusing...

I assumed that I had the writing thing figured out. Ok, maybe not completely, but I thought the basics were already known to me. WRONG. Lol!

Thanks to a less busy schedule, I have been reading novels and finding sites that teach about writing. This morning's discovery has helped me immensely. For the first time, I was able to fully understand the ins and outs of POV and head hopping. I'm sure I have quite a ways to go, but my writing has improved in a matter of hours. I am currently going through the short stories I want to submit, and correcting MAJOR issues. Ouch! It hurts to look at some of my cringeworthy tales. My newbie skills are screaming through the pages. hahaha! That's good though, isn't it? I can never grow if I am unable to see my faults.

From this point on, I know what to look for. I know how to focus my energy on one character at a time. Given a few more months of writing, I hope my work will create better stories!

Soon I will have a little masterpiece of my own. I type this, wishing I could cross my fingers.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment