Monday, January 7, 2013

First Monday of 2013!

I love new beginnings, and I am excited to start this week on a full schedule. Sure, it might be a bit on the overwhelming side, but there is nothing I would change.

I was able to get some reading done this past weekend. I enjoyed looking at a few blogs and I also set time aside to read a few short ebooks. It helps me to see what other people are writing, especially when they have been in the business for quite some time. It keeps me on track and motivates me to keep pushing along. So far, I am enjoying the ups and downs of writing my novel. Every new issue that has been a lesson I can learn from. When will I finish? I'm not sure. I haven't given myself a deadline. I wonder if that is necessary. Hmm. That's something to think about.

My children are homeschooled, and attend a co op every Friday. It is a pretty nice group of students (a little over 250), and the little ones love having friends to hang with on a weekly basis. Christmas break was torture for them. They kept asking when they would return to "school". Boy, am I relieved that their request has been granted. Our new quarter starts this Friday! Yay! To add to the excitement, I chose to teach two music classes. I have a 5-7 year old group, and an older group of kiddos (8-10). I assumed my twins would want to be in my class, but I was wrong. Lol. They each approached me to let me know that they would rather be in another teacher's class during my time period. Love it!!! 

At one point, the twins were shy. Unlike their older brother, they each had a ready made playmate. I had a difficult time when it came to getting them to interact with other children. I would take them to places like the park, family get togethers, or church, and they never wanted to play with other children. They would stay to themselves and were content living in their own world. As long as they saw me nearby, my twins felt like they had everything they needed. When we started this homeschool co op, they refused to be separated. I still can't get them to attend separate classes, but at least they are making their own friends. FINALLY!!! 

My oldest is a charmer. He is a natural born leader, who is always chosen as team captain of whatever he is involved with. I find that funny, being that he works as a drummer, but oh well. I think it's hilarious to watch him shout out encouragement to his friends, who don't mind that he is more musical than athletic!

Besides starting a new quarter in co op, the production I am in opens Friday evening!!! Yes, I am a BIG ball of nerves! I still have yet to be completely off book. I was added to the ensemble much later in the rehearsal schedule. So everyone else has had a month of study, compared to my two weeks. Talk about pressure.  :-/   It seems to be alright, though. We rehearse every night this week until our performance date. I am confident that I will be ready for it. Fingers crossed....






No comments:

Post a Comment