Monday, February 4, 2013

Let's try this again. Lol!

Secret Cravings Publishing offered me a contract! Yay!

I THOUGHT I posted all of the information, but my darn laptop has been on the fritz. Little did I know that I would not even have a draft to go back to. Lol. Then I logged in today and saw what ended up as my final blog post for last Saturday. Hahahahaaaa!!!! Terrible. I know. So tonight I will have to tell my happy little story again!

As I have mentioned, I am new to the writing world. I have always kept journals, but I did not consider becoming an author until this past year. It was one of my random wishes. Yes. Every year I choose to do something I have never done before. I decided that I would become published for my 2013 resolution. 

Having no idea where to look when it came to publishers, I simply did a search online, marked off a few companies, then zeroed in on SCP for my first book. I sent my submission out last month. Although I was nervous about it, I figured that a rejection letter would be the worst outcome. If that was the case, I know me! I cannot stand to give up. I would have gone back to the drawing board and submitted another manuscript. Fortunately, my first attempt was a success.  :-)

My fingers are still crossed about my other three submissions that I sent out in December, but knowing that I am finally on my way as an author is a great feeling. I am a lot more relaxed tonight, understanding that all I can do is be patient. Until I hear back about anything else, it is best to keep going, or I will drive myself (and everyone around me) insane! 

There is so much to learn about this process. My jaw dropped when I started to read through all of the work that has yet to be done on my book. I look forward to every step that has to be taken, especially seeing the cover art for my story! My story's estimated month of release is July. That is my mom's birthday month, so it means a lot to me.

In spite of having a full weekend to digest the news, I am still over the moon! Secret Cravings Publishing has made me a very happy camper!


No comments:

Post a Comment